I’m getting really excited to start putting the kid’s rooms together. As expected, they will take some time. But it’s always critical for me to have the end in mind while I dabble in putting spaces together.
As I mention in the last post, all three kids have been sharing a room while we’ve been reflooring and painting, and I don’t think they plan on separating again. I love shared rooms for children. Addie and Ian have shared since birth, and that has a lot to do with the lack of interest in splitting up. They will want to eventually, but I’m not going to push it till they do!
Here’s my first attempt at grouping together a boy girl space. What do you think? Pulling the oranges, yellows and light aquas allows me to sprinkle pinks around pretty freely. We aren’t getting rid of pink just because there is a boy in there…that’s for sure!
Do you have any tips for making a boy/girl room work?
Here’s the round up:
1. Be Curious Print, Sarah Jane Studios
2. Up, Up & Away Print, Sarah Jane Studios
3. Balloons Print, Sarah Jane Studios
4. Eden Lamp, Land of Nod
5. Mermaid, PDF pattern by Mermag
6. Nautical Map Print, Sarah Jane Studios
7. Jenny Lind Bookcase, Land of Nod
8. Anchor Pillow, PDF pattern by Tea Rose Home
9. Eames style Rocker, Overstock
10. Knitted Pouf, CB2
11. Knitted Pouf, Land of Nod
12. Hemnes Dresser, IKEA
13. Children at Play Pouf, Pattern by living with Punks
14. Candy Dot Rug, Land of Nod
I am a child of God Print, Sarah Jane Studios