shop till you drop.
Thanks for all the birthday wishes it was a fantastic weekend. Wasn’t Harry Potter so satisfying? I love thinking that in 20 years I can remember how cool it was to see the final film’s opening night on my birthday. I’m sentimental like that.
So, there’s lots I want to say…. and if you know me, you’ll know that if I have lots to say, it takes forever and get all jumbled. So, I’m resorting to bullet points! (This might be better for all of us.)
- Fabric. Fabric. Fabric. I have mentioned on Facebook and twitter that Children at Play sold out of its first wave before it even shipped from the factories, but I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here. What that means is lots and lots of stores are getting it, but lots and lots of stores are still waiting. It also means that I’m getting email after email that certain stores even sold out of a lot of their stock within 24 hours of listing it this weekend! While that is really cool for me to hear, it’s also really aggravating since I know what it’s like when you are trying to get your hands on something, especially when deadlines are involved (like fun sewing dates with yourself:)
- Since I have decided NOT to sell my own fabric (that’s a conversation we’ll have later…it has a lot to wanting to keep other wonderfully dedicated store owners in business) I stayed up until the very wee hours of the night (eh-hem…morning) last night slaving over a super-giganto list of stores that have currently purchased Children at Play. You can search by state, but there are also two lists that allow you to search online: both web exclusive stores as well as brick and mortar stores that offer online shopping as well. But here’s where I’d love to hear from you: I’m rather new to the community of fabric, and I think that a lot of stores were a little shocked with how fast they’ve been selling it. If you find a store that carries the fabric, but hasn’t posted it online, feel free to encourage them to post it so that we all can get our hands on it! You can also encourage your local store to carry it as well!
- I also need your help in the international community. The list that I made includes all the distributors that have been selling it, but not the actual stores. If you know of a particular store internationally that is carrying Children at Play, can you PLEASE let me know? I want so badly to help my friends over seas get their hands on it, and I wish that I could do more! But, if you call your favorite and local stores and inquire about it, it will help us all!
- Also, if you aren’t already following me on twitter or facebook, do. I’ll be sure to post and re-post any info I have about which stores are carrying it, and when.
- And speaking of things you’ve been waiting for: I have embroidery iron-on transfer patterns ready to ship! I’ll be showing them to you tomorrow. So come by!
- Oh. And you’ll want to come by every day this week actually. I know. Overkill. But there’s lots of stuff I want to show you!
- But I’ll give you a hint. It has a lot to do with the requests you all made during the survey I offered a while back. Stay tuned!
- And that picture above does fit into this post. Lot’s of changes have been going on in the studio (you’ll be getting bits and pieces in the next several days) and lots of changes have been happening on a personal level too. I’m officially gluten & lactose intolerant. And I have been for a while now…I just never knew it. If you saw me at quilt market, I was swollen and puffy and well, I am not usually swollen and puffy looking. It was all from being sick, and everyone around here is happy to know the reason. And one way I am still clean inside is because I have a marvelous baker husband who hasn’t minded switching ingredients. You’d never guess that this gorgeous tart was made from rice flour. Life can be beautiful even when living without.
Well, I don’t know if bullet points helped keep all this straight, but just remember this:
- CHECK OUT this updated list of fabric stores carrying my fabric
- CONTACT ME if you know of international stores that will be carrying it.
- COME BACK TOMORROW to see the iron-on transfers
- COME BACK the next day to see more fun and wonderful things that I’ve been waiting years to show you!
- WISH you were gluten intolerant so you could get tarts like this OK. Just kidding.
- HARRY POTTER has officially made for a great 14 year experience.
Love to you all!