Archive for September, 2007
I am finding that my style is a little all over the place. Well, maybe I just like a few different styles. It will be interesting to see which pieces are the most popular…or which style is most popular. I have always been attracted to many different styles, so I guess my art reflects that. I am finishing new pieces every day, but I really need to get things ready for my shop to open. I have a lot of little details to tie up before then. But I am getting excited! Stay tuned…more art is coming everyday!
I love the fall. I grew up back east, where the autumn air is brisk and full of magic. As a child, I remember walking through the streets of trees, with the wind blowing my hair every which way. I loved it. This weekend has been a magical one with the magic of fall. Here is a piece inspired by my childhood and my love of wellies!
This weekend was Kenneth’s Birthday. Kenneth is a ‘yellow’ and we just decided to have a spontaneous weekend!
* We took the kids out in the rain for puddle jumping
* Kenneth made sourdough bread, home made pasta (twice in a row), chicken fettuccine, broccoli with portobello mushrooms, grilled salmon, and double tiered triple chocolate cake with raspberries for the final BAM!
* We took the kids to the BYU campus for the first time and showed them where we had our first kiss (es).
* Kenneth and I discovered two new favorite dining spots…’Nicolaitalia‘ and ‘Pudding on the Rice’. Made us feel like we were back in Boston again.
* Addie became officially potty-trained and can now go on trips in the car without a diaper. (she calls herself a ‘potty train’ now….with “choo-choo” side affects and everything.
* Addie and Ian learned how to do somersaults.
* We had friends and family over all weekend, and even managed (kenneth and I) to hang out at one of our fav places…Barnes and Noble.
Happy Autumn everyone!